Fees & Fundraising
The CT Challenge Bike ride is a required fundraising event. Riders are committed to the cause of cancer survivors and to raising money that will support programs to empower cancer survivors.
Everyone who registers to ride has a required minimum amount to raise before September 26, 2014.
On or after that date, any remaining balance of that commitment will be charged to the credit card used at the time of registration.
Registration fees cover costs associated with organizing the bike ride. Riders receive the first-class experience they deserve, including a breakfast and post-ride lunch, a special gift bag and an expertly organized event. Registrations are accepted online only. To register, go to the registration page here. Student registration fees are 50% of the registration fee for each distance. There is no student option for the Two-Day Ride.
When you register to ride you agree and commit to raising a required minimum amount of donations for your ride, though most riders raise far in excess of the minimum amount.
Please don’t register to ride until you are ready to make this commitment.
Here is how Connecticut Challenge fundraising works:
- Register for your Connecticut Challenge ride online and pay the registration fee according to the distance you choose to ride (10, 25, 50, 75 or 100 mile, the 2-day Ride, or Road Warrior).
- Follow a few easy steps to set-up your personal fundraising page, customize with a photo and a personal statement about why you’re riding, etc.
- Use all the networking tools at your disposal (Facebook, email, letters and simple, social events and word of mouth, etc.) to ask people in your personal network to visit your web page to learn about your ride, the CT Challenge and the Center for Survivorship. Visitors can make an online donation immediately using their credit or debit card or they can print a form right off your page to mail directly to the Connecticut Challenge with a check. Whether donations are made online or through the mail, they will all be automatically credited to your personal fundraising account, which you can check online whenever you wish. YOU DON’T EVER HAVE TO HANDLE ANY CHECKS.
- View your fundraising results, update your web page and fundraising goal or send thank you emails to your donors anytime you wish. After the event donors of $250 or more will also receive a formal acknowledgment from the Connecticut Challenge for their personal tax returns.
- The CT Challenge will monitor your fundraising to determine what special Fundraising Award Package you qualify for.