Starting a Team
98 Teams participated in the 2012 CT Challenge Bike Ride!
Ride Sally Ride
- It is more fun to ride with friends and colleagues – people bond on bikes!
- Teammates will motivate each other to train over the summer to be ready for the ride. The team will set a positive, healthy example for friends and co-workers.
- If it’s a company team, fellow employees will rally around the team’s fundraising efforts, especially if the team rides in the name of a current or former employee.
- Your company may support your fundraising efforts with a financial grant.
- If your company has a matching gift program, all the donations from co-workers will be matched, significantly increasing the impact of your fundraising efforts.
How It Works
- Each team selects a team captain who will create the team. The team can be created when the captain registers or at any later time on the captain’s personal web page. Team members should each register individually as a part of their team. Team members do not have to ride the same distance.
- All money raised by team members, including matching gifts, is credited to their personal accounts and, automatically, to the overall team account.
Registration fees must match the distances each member of the team elects to ride. Each team member is responsible for raising his/her own required fundraising minimum.
Team Be Positive
All Teams can receive the following:
- Team name and photograph on the website. Captains may submit the photo at any time.
- Teams stating a fundraising goal greater than $5,000 will be invited to submit a team photo for the Event Yearbook, distributed on the day of the event.
- The opportunity to design and purchase their own team cycling jersey.