Build a Team
110 Teams participated in the 2016 CT Challenge Bike Ride; that’s 88% of our riders! Want to build a team? Start by electing a captain (perhaps it’s you!).
Important note: Teams/families of four or more members may share funds by having their team captain contact us at email@example.com by October 11th, one week prior to the fundraising deadline. For example, if all 4 team members sign up for the 25 mile route ($500 minimum), each person will need to fundraise the minimum of $500 and the team must raise a total of $2,000. If one of your team members raises $400 and you raise $600, you can share your $100 to the other rider. Each teammate must average $500 in this example.
Toolkit to Recruit Team Members
- Video Links- Use these to add impact to your recruitment emails.
Why Build a Team?It is more fun to ride with friends and colleagues – gangs all here!
- Teammates motivate each other in more ways than one.
- If yours is a company team, fellow employees will rally around the team’s fundraising efforts, especially if the team rides in the name of a current or former employee.
- Your company may support your fundraising efforts with a financial grant.
- If your company has a matching gift program, all the donations from co-workers will be matched, significantly increasing the impact of your fundraising efforts.
How It Works
- Each team selects a team captain who will create the team. The team can be created when the captain registers or at any later time on the captain’s personal web page. Team members should each register individually as a part of their team. Team members do not have to ride the same distance.
- All money raised by team members, including matching gifts, is credited to their personal accounts and, automatically, to the overall team account.
- Each team member is responsible for raising his/her own required fundraising minimum.
- All teams are invited to submit a team photo and profile for the Team Profiles section of the website. From this group, we will select teams to feature on the website throughout the year. We will contact team captains for profiles starting February 1.
- Each team member must register as an individual and pay the registration fee that matches the distance he/she is riding. There is no other registration fee for teams.