Where the money goes
The programs funded by the CT Challenge Bike Event and the generous support we receive throughout the year were renamed Mission this year to better position us to reach more survivors. We remain committed to equipping cancer survivors with the exercise, nutrition and mind-body knowledge, tools and community needed to live. life. vibrantly. For more information about Mission, click here
To register for the 2017 CT Challenge Ride, click here.
For a one-page overview of where the money goes, click here.
This is why we ride
Mission Brand Video
Filling a hole…
- Today, there are an estimated 15.5 million cancer survivors in the U.S. These friends, family members and neighbors have unique health conditions which are not addressed by current medical care.
- Most survivors go through intense treatments using toxic drugs and/or radiation which can have lifelong effects; the most common side effects include pain, depression and fatigue.
- Oncologists and other medical staff are not trained to focus on patients after treatment, nor are they reimbursed for the time.
- Nationwide, the majority of hospitals that treat cancer patients do not have a wellness program to support them post-treatment.
- Scientific and clinical evidence show that improving diet, exercise and overall wellness improves quality of life and reduces cancer recurrence, but many survivors need information and support to affect these changes.
Helping survivors #riseup through:
- The Mission Training Center: a paradigm-shifting wellness center and incubator of best practices
- Digital Health & Wellness: Inspiring and equipping cancer survivors to reclaim their lives through healthy, empowered choices delivered via yourmission.org, social media, our e-newsletter and virtual coaching
- The Adventure Project: Created to help young survivors across the country reclaim their lives and live their dreams
- Young Survivor Programs: In addition to the Adventure Project, college scholarships, summer camp and experiential adventure retreats
- Education & Community Outreach: 12-week community yoga programs, workshops, a speaker series, research and educational/inspirational communication
Download Financial Overview
Download Annual Report